SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sail_away

9" Pull-Out Cabinet (Base)??

sail_away
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Anyone have a 9" pull-out cabinet. I'm talking about one like the link below that you pull out to reveal several shelves with metal rods on either side to keep things from falling out. According to the Rev-A-Shelf site, it results in a 5" wide shelf. Has anyone used this for holding spices? Would each shelf hold 2 rows of glass spice jars? I don't really want more than 2 rows, so that I can read the labels on each one, but I could probably make 3 rows work, too.

Anyone who has a 9" pull-out, what do you store there and have you found it to be useful.

I'm looking at a 9" pull-out because I'm trying to lay out cabinets for a 7' long island. It was going to be 8' long, but my desire for symmetry (and to stay on a budget) led me to conclude that I will have a 36" cabinet in the middle (sink), with 24" DW on one side so I need 24" of cabinets on the other side. For the other side, I would like to put in a 15" pullout cabinet for garbage, which leaves 9"----thus the 9" pull-out.

Currently, my spices are stored on one side of my kitchen island, to which I've affixed 4 rows (of 8 spice jars on each row) of shelving for spices. So the 9" pull-out would serve a purpose for me, if it will work.

Also, forgot to ask---would you recommend the Rev-A-Shelf or some other provider?

9" Pull-Out

Comments (18)