SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kvmcnew

Basement bathroom redo

Kaitlin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I just wanted to share this project that I've been working on. For Valentines Day, my Bf asked what I wanted and I said "a new basement bathroom". We started it and have basically worked on it here and there, but we're in a "get it done" mode now to its moving along. I'm sad we didn't get a picture before demolition, but you get an idea of the tile and what it looked like (2 layers!). Also, you can see part of the kraft paper floor we did down there too. We've saving up to replace with vinyal planks, but it had been that ugly tile when the house was first bought, so we needed to rip that up and put something temporary down.

Next up, because of the humidity and previous flooding in the basement, we installed grout -able vinyl tile.
we weren't quite thinking and put it down before the drywall, but its in the basement, so oh well :)

Today, BF installed part of the pallet wall. Its going along the wall with vanity and toilet. We're also going to build a faux cabinet to hide the pipe in the corner.

Comments (2)