SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux

So if you were going from Fairfield Cty CT to Skaneatles.. (sp?)

MtnRdRedux
8 years ago

So 3/5ths of my family is headed to Beijing (and then onward), and my youngest and I were headed to ... Buffalo.

Yes, to Buffalo. To see Meghan Trainor, after many of you suggested a concert to entertain my stateside DD. The concert was cancelled hours ago. I cancelled our flights, and the Buffalo hotel.

However, our plan was to fly out, then drive back via the Finger Lakes for a few days and Saratoga Springs for a few days. Those hotel stays were not cancellable.

So, I will drive to the Finger Lakes spa (abt 4-5hrs) and then to Saratoga (abt 3 hrs) and then back home (2 hr).

So i am wondering how to break up the long ride to the Finger Lakes .... where to stop.

I am willing to go a bit out of the way, but I want to stay somewhere nice. Everything was booked in the Berkshires. What about going up the Hudson? New Paltz and the like are cute but too close for a first overnight stop... plus BTDT. The town of Hudson? I can find a room there, but it makes me wonder why. Anyone been? Any other towns?

Here is the key part of my route; any ideas about places to stop appreciated.

Comments (25)