SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hominamad

Need some suggestions/ideas for landscaping this small waterfall

hominamad
8 years ago

I'm pretty proud of myself that I constructed this pondless waterfall in my backyard. It's almost done - just needs some small touching up. Was wondering if anyone here could give me some good ideas for how to landscape this area a bit. I feel like it is missing something - maybe some green here and there? The problem is that directly under the stones, are cinderblocks covered in a thin layer of soil. So I don't think there is much room to plant anything. I am open to using artificial plants if necessary. This area is mostly shady, and I am looking to do something relatively low maintenance.

One of my immediate objectives is to figure out how to hide the pump/hose area in the front. I am thinking of just putting a flat stone, or maybe a piece of plywood over the hole. and then just putting a planter there, a statue, or maybe even a fake shrub. There is some pond liner exposed there that will be difficult to cover with rocks, so I'm thinking maybe I should just hide it with something else. I was sort of making everything up as I went along, and didn't have much space to work with, so this is where I am now.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Help me make this little area really shine.

Here's a video of the falls in action:

Comments (7)