SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emisanwald

Three lovely things (Two questions)

emisanwald
8 years ago

So I made a post about the plants I took in from my Grandma's, and I repotted the Ponytail Palm (Beaucarnea recurvata), and here's what he looks like:

That line is where the soil had started, so I lowered it a lot. It wasn't rotting, but it was a bit mushy in some spots (guess you could call that rotting...) It's drying out nicely.

Here's question one. See that slice? That's where the mushy-ness was mostly. It wasn't like this when I took it out of the pot, it was more of a hole-looking thing.

Here it is. Is this okay? Should I watch it in case of any diseases? Everything else around the trunk looked dapper, but it was just this spot.

Next question! I was at a park today and I saw this gorgeous plant. I can't tell you what it was, or even describe it to anything, but what I can show you is the seed-pod I grabbed off of it. (There was a TON!) If anyone can identify it for me, give me any information, how to plant it, etc etc, I'd be extremely grateful! Here it is:

Here's the top

Bottom

Side

It's about five inches in size, and it's velvet-y any ideas?

Lastly, this morning while tending to the garden, I found this cute guy! I was so happy I found him, knowing he'd eat all the nasties in there.

Look at that! The camera didn't want to pick him up, though.

Such a cutie. Took about 20 shots, none were that great. He was so small! Praying Mantis' are so fascinating.

Comments (2)