SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spessartine

lots of jades and what's on my windowsill

Rhiannon
8 years ago

It's a cold, rainy day in Wales, so I thought I'd share some pictures of my very small succulent collection! I've only really been growing them for a year or so, so I'm pretty new. Some are still in crappy sand-based "cacti and succulent" soil, but they're all being moved into gritty mix bit by bit, fear not!

1. One of the cuttings I took from my big 35 year old jade in june. The foliage was all growing upside down, because the branch had been hanging down. I took most of it off, and I'm starting to see new growth on all of them now, though they've been very slow to root. Planning on taking the left hand branch down by three segments as it's looking a bit squishy suddenly.
2. Crassula ovata Gollum
3. The first Jade plant I got - a cutting from the same big jade, a couple of years ago. Going to chop it in the spring.

4. Another 2 year old cutting, and Crassula ovata Undulata.

5. Portulacaria afra. This was just an upright stick when I got it, I've been encouraging it to branch, and it still needs work obviously, starting with the bottom three branches. Much better though!

6. Not sure what this is, maybe some sort of sedum? It looks pretty etiolated to me.

7. Crassula muscosa and another mystery succulent. The leaves are a little fuzzy.

8. Crassula perforata/String of buttons

9. Three small leaf jades that had been growing in the same pot.

10. Two echevaria pups, and a pachyphytum oviferum, my latest purchase. Also a sedum dasyphyllum that did NOT do well in the move to gritty mix. Other than cross my fingers, I'm not sure what to do with it.

Not pictured: the massive jade I didn't get chance to prune, so I'm waiting until next year now.

Comments (4)