SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktmha

36" Gas Range

K H
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi Everyone,

My husband are completing a full gut remodel of our kitchen and the time has come to purchase appliances. I've read dozens of posts regarding ranges, but I'm still unsure of what to buy. I've been to showrooms and demo's, etc...but the problem is that this will be by far the nicest range I've ever had the pleasure of using. So, I'm a little stuck! Also, with all remodels, some unexpected expenses arose (new sewer line, hello!), and I'd like to spend under $6k for the range. I'm actually more comfortable with $4k.

I'm a home cook, not professional, but I love to experiment with different techniques. We'd like a machine that is an excellent performer and that:

-has 6 burners

-has a simmer function

-is very reliable (service issues would drive us nuts)

-doesn't not put out a lot of heat into the kitchen

-is dog/kid safe, relatively speaking

-has convection

-has a probe

I originally had dual fuel and self cleaning on my list, but since self cleaning functions seems to fry the machines and salespeople don't recommend them, maybe it's not worth the cost. I DO bake desserts more than roasting meat, but, again, this will be the nicest range I've ever had, and I've cooked beautiful meals before on VERY old equipment, so I'm also questioning the up-charge for dual fuel. I'd eventually like to get a steam convection oven which fuels my own argument for getting a mid-range range...

Any input would be appreciated!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County