SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Some August ffo's and reblooms

shive
8 years ago

I had two ffo's in the past two days from plants I got in late June.

Juicy Bubble Butt is a very late hybridized by Nate Bremer of Solaris Farms. I hope this is really JBB. It's not the saturated bubblegum pink in Nate's photo, and it has a lot more teeth, and teeth on the sepals. I think the color is lighter because our temps have been in the mid-90s recently. Additional teeth could be because of the difference in climates.

Billy the Kid is a Maryott intro that I received from Bill as a bonus. I had requested this one and am really liking the first blooms. Nancy, remember when I saw yours and was hoping I'd get it as a bonus?

A Baja California rebloom this morning.

Baja California rebloom flower from the middle of last week.

Seedling Emperor Butterfly X Great White on rebloom

Seedling SOT X RR (formerly Valentine Sweetheart) on rebloom. Today its throat is pinching and it has several teeth. The parent, Rosy Rhino, sometimes has the throat pinching. This is the first time I've seen the seedling do it.

Seedling True to Whim X Persian Pattern, likely a future registration, with its last bloom today. This one has bloomed for a very long time. It's very tall - with most scapes 52-56 inches carrying 18-20 buds. Multiplies like crazy. This scape got beat down by the storm that took out part of my tree.

The same seedling last Wednesday.

Late bloomer Tiffany Shade made a pretty clump this morning.

Trance, Royal Jester, Last Chance for Romance and Final Touch also had multiple blooms open today, and there were a few other lates with one flower open. Other than a few of my new ones with ffo's coming this week, there's not much excitement in the garden right. now.

Debra

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!