SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reluctantlawnkeeper

What's killing my new lawn, and what should I do about it?

Hello All, located outside of Boston and rolled down a new bluegrass/fescue mix sod about a month ago. Looked beautiful for the first two weeks but has developed some issues the last two weeks.

Lawn chemical guy came out and declared it some

sort of fungus and sprayed some fungicide (eagle?). However it doesn't seem to be getting any better (been about 3-4 days since he came out I'd figure.) Very yellow areas are surrounded by areas that are off-colored, slightly darker tone. Grass surrounding the yellow areas looks dry to me eye.

Couple questions

1) Can you confirm this is a lawn fungus? Pattern has been, grass gets a dry area and then develops the yellow color of doom. Mostly this happened in a handful of places the irrigation doesn't cover too well.

1) What is the best path forward from here? Just hope and wait the fungicide works? Am I watering too much/too little? Can I over fungicide? Can I go get immunox and double down or will that kill the grass?

2) Is the yellow grass a goner? At this point in time I'm planning on having to resod a handful of places come September, but if it'll come back on it's own I'd be very happy.

Trying to show the coloration:

Dry looking grass around damaged area:

Close ups of damaged blades:

Thanks for any advice all!

Comment (1)