SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

I need help finding a long lost recipe for Toffee

lowspark
8 years ago

Posting this for a friend. She had a recipe which she got from a friend years ago for toffee. Now I know there are plenty of recipes on the web for toffee but she cannot find this one which was unique.

It required no boiling or candy thermometer. It wasn't cooked on the stove, but rather in the oven. So you mixed the butter, sugar, pecans, (and other ingredients if there were any) and spread them in a baking pan, baked them, and then when it came out of the oven, you would sprinkle it with powdered sugar and cut it into squares.

The recipe she had involved no chocolate (as it looks like pretty much all of them on the internet do). She thinks it was called toffee squares.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? She has done extensive searching on the internet (I did some searching but not a lot) and can't find anything that doesn't require boiling and using a candy thermometer. She made the recipe a few times and somehow over the years, the recipe was lost. I told her y'all would surely come to her rescue! Help! :)

Comments (7)