SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux

My Meile compact washing machine, so far

MtnRdRedux
8 years ago

Well, first, it took ten days to get it. (they have a waiting list) and no one seemed to discount it. I ordered on the 4th July and, because we were not home for a spell, it was not delivered until yesterday.

The Bosch Axis compact it replaces (a paperweight after 4 years of secondary use; our main machines are in the basement and these are between the pool and MBR) sells for $632 and the Meile was $2563 all in (I checked two places and after including install, haul away, delivery, etc, they were essentially the same)

First impressions. Nothing impressive about the look, or the feel of the controls, given the price. Plastic push buttons. Door opens the "wrong way"; who knew that was not standard, and if not, why wouldn't they offer a choice like they do in fridges? The capacity is a bit less, ie 2.02 cu ft vs 2.2 cu ft for Bosch.

Here is what I do like. There are many different types of washes, and even after you select them, you can still further adjust water temp and spin cycle if you want to. I like that it tells you how long the cycle will be and how much time is left (Bosch did not, but I have a cheapo in the basement that also does). I also understand that the technology is such that the Miele is gentle on clothes because there is actually a layer of water between the drum and the clothes.

I will report back in 4 years to see if it still runs. ha ha

Comments (25)