SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

I (Desperately) Need Help With My WordPress Blog!!!

LynnNM
8 years ago

I am so incredibly frustrated with WordPress! They have no in-house support and, as a result, you must ask for it on their support forum. But, then my blog site link/address is there for everyone in the world to see. Which I definitely don't want. My adult nephew helped me set it up. But, he lives in another state and has a very busy job. I hate to keep bothering him. Is anyone here very familiar with WordPress and blogs in general?

First, a bit about my site/blog: I have the site set up as a private one. This is just for my husband's patients and for our close friends and family. It has many of my healthful (low carb, low fat, etc.) recipes that I've been collecting and making for years, healthful substitutions when cooking, plus news from DH's clinic regarding general health-related issues, etc. I've had Nephew set it up so that it will not pull up if someone does a search for recipe or health-related blogs. I've also set paid extra for no ads, as the last thing we want is for drug ads, etc., to start popping up there. Drugs that my DH may not approve of.

Questions:

(1) There are just 3 administrators, Me, DH and Nephew. All others will be viewers only. No posts, comments, questions allowed, as I'm just doing this in my spare time. I wanted one password for us and one for everyone else. I am totally frustrated on how to accomplish this . . . if it's even possible. Is it?

(2) We wanted to make this very simple with no one (patients, family, friends) having to join WordPress in order to access our site. We were under the impression that they would just be able to type in the site's address and then use that group password to get in. As a test, we first invited DD who's now home from college for the Summer. She gets the invite, BUT must create a WordPress account in order to access the site! Darn, darn, darn!! That is totally not what we wanted!

* Is there any way to override this? Maybe create a dummy account and give the blog address and group password to all our patients in our clinic's mass email? Thus, letting them access the blog if and when they choose to without having to join anything.

(3) It looks like anyone who would actually sign up and join would have their names and email addresses visible to all who have access. Is that true, or do only administrators see those?

I am not a stupid person. I can and do maneuver around the internet all the time, but this site is making me so frustrated! I've been working on it for months. I have many recipes, etc. inserted and it's ready for viewers . . . as soon as I can work out these issues. I wish that I could just put the blog link in here and let you all have at it, but I can't. It has our names, the clinic's name and address and I just need to keep that private from the world in general. There are safety issues that I can't get into involved.

Many thanks for any help!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!