SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my_four_sons

Soapstone slab backsplash or not?

my_four_sons
8 years ago

I have the fabricators coming out next week to measure for our soapstone countertops, so I need to decide if I'm going to do a slab backsplash behind my 30" blue star range. The range is flanked by two windows, and under the window on the left will be a silgranit sink in anthracite. I am having the soapstone come up under the window to form the sill (and a splash for behind the sink).

My dilemma is the backsplash behind the range. I originally planned on using tile behind the range, but am worried about too many clowns in the kitchen. Keeping it soapstone will be a cleaner look. But I don't want a short splash against the whole range/sink wall, but I'm struggling with how to design it. I'm planning on a hood similar to the one on my attached mood board. Do I do a splash all the across between the two windows? A rectangle under the hood and then two splashes under the windows?

The wall to the righ of the windows is a strange angle, and there will be two cabinets on the countertops flanking the fridge (in the photo they're sitting where the fridge will go).

i really, really could you some advice here, thanks!

Comments (25)