SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittymerr_gw

Backsplash Help for Creamy white cabinets, soapstone...

kittymerr
15 years ago

Okay, I am four and 1/2 years running here in our new home and still no backsplash! I have antique white cabinets, soapstone, and cherry wood counters. The wood is too orangey for me and I am planning on having them either browned up more or replacing them with a walnut that is more med-dark brown. I really want to keep it simple but beautiful, as you'll see in the pictures, the main section is behind the cooktop with Mantel over top. It is the focal point of the kitchen, breakfast room, and family room. I will be doing that the sides and a portion in the butlers pantry. I am currently considering a slab of a creamy marble ( in the main section), with some warm and charcoal veining, to pull in the soapstone and med-tan walls. They look more yellow in the picture then they are in reality. OR, a mosaic of 1"x1" marble. OR a simple subway in the right white!, OR an Ann Sacks Sur La Mer tile in a creamy white that has some variation in the colors. I would love, love, love to hear from anyone who has an idea, and what you envision there. My decorating style is classic, clean, neutral, textural, and a bit transitional. Thanks for any ideas!!! One more thing, the pictures show some of the calacatta marble I am considering and one white onyx mosaic. If you look in the older kitchen album, you'll see I have repainted the kitchen from yellow to tan and changed the hardware from antique pewter to a darker finish (ties the counters in better) Kitty

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen pictures

Comments (19)