SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lplantagenet

How to Prepare for RRD?

lplantagenet7AVA
8 years ago

Last week I reported a probable outbreak in a development near my house. Today I learned that 15 infected Knockouts had been removed. If more cases are found, all of the roses will probably be removed; however, the landscaper for the development reports seeing infected roses at least one other commercial site in the area.

I've been concerned about this possibility for the past six years after seeing how many Knockouts had been planted throughout the nearby development. The popularity of Knockout has greatly enhanced the likelihood of and opportunities for spread of this disease.

My question is--how do I prepare for the inevitable or can I? My first thought has been to move as many roses as possible in a relatively protected area at the back of the house, and to cut down on the number of plants and varieties I have. Which is better--trying to confine most to a protected area or having a wider spread into areas that might be more vulnerable? Is it possible to identify areas of greater or lesser vulnerability with any degree of accuracy?

My garden is all natural--no sprays or treatments, organic or chemical, of any kind-- and will remain all natural.

Lindsey

Comments (17)