SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Sun Gold tomato -- not a lot of maters Z5a

petalique
8 years ago

I have a couple of Sun Gold tomato plants, but they aren't producing a lot of tomatoes. When I put them into the ground, I planted them deep-ish (above the soil line of the potted plant). I mixed some manure and some Epsoma Garden tone or something like that. After the dry spell, then the rain, some split (expected). Should I put some Tomato Tone (? name) by Epsoma around the plants? I am a bit of a hack gardener, limited by some issues as to how much time I can garden. I removed suckers (was that a mistake?) and the plants are tall (3.5 to 4') but not particularly bushy or productive. My garden has sandy loam and gets FULL sun ONLY for about 6-7 hrs, after that dappled light. I trees to the S and SW and only the front yard gets more sun. That is another whole story. I'm ready to quit growing Full-Full-sun-needing plants, or call a tree chopper. The tall oaks and maples give cooling shade, but hinder plants that really want all day sun. Too bad that I can't grow tomatoes on my hot black 45 deg roof (32 feet up). Thanks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH