SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gothiclibrarian

Kissed in the Dark...Finally...

gothiclibrarian
8 years ago

For whatever reason Houzz won't let me add more than 1 photo today before it pretends to load then just leaves empty space.

Am I the only one?

As a person (librarian) who REALLY detests having my time wasted by a badly designed information system, I just have to say that it is sheer stupidity for a forum to be designed to not have 'preview post' capability.

What is up with that?

Why you hate your users, Houzz? WHY?

Kissed in the Dark

Waited 2 (what feels like) LONG years for this one to finally decide to bloom, but ohsoworthit in the end...I'm sure many of us know that feeling <3

She makes rather small fans.

Cheers!

~Anika

Comments (18)

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Pink Windmills

I am going to give up after a couple more of these pic-by-pic posts.

Seriously, Houzz, you're going all LiveJournal on us and making an already clunky system IMPOSSIBLE to use!

~Anika

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Blue-Capped Cordon-Bleu

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Subtle Beauty

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Border Sentry

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Ripple Effect

OK, that's it, Houzz, I give up. You've officially spent my patience for the day.

Cheers!

~Anika

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Glutton for Houzz punishment...I'll post the rest of the past week or so that I noticed but man, this might be it for me on this site. More trouble than it's worth to share photos.

If you'd like to see "all" my photos you should try Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gothiclibrarian/ because I won't stick around if Houzz continues to just shrug its shoulders at known user issues.

Susan Weber is a lovely flower but not my favorite plant...

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Kissing the Rain can be so ugly that she's beautiful.

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Banned in Boston

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Magnificent Rainbow

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Elisa Dallas

Much more yellow than cream in real life...always photographs this way though...always.

Now I'm seriously done!

:: throws up hands in annoyance and prepares to log off like it's LiveJournal in 2008 ::

~Anika

• timhensley
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Beautiful daylilies.

• jean_ar
    8 years ago

beautiful photos Anika love Subtle Beauty and Susa Weber

• Nancy
    8 years ago

I have problems some days, & have mostly given up. I never know whether it is Houzz or my sluggish internet. Love Ripple Effect, Blue-Capped Cordon-Bleu, & Subtle Beauty. Love Banned in Boston too, that one has always appealed to me.

• shive
    8 years ago

I love both daylilies whose names start with "Kissed." Could this be the start of a Kisses themed bed? I admire your determination to post despite the problems with Houzz. I enjoyed looked at all your photos!

Debra

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Debra, I do sort of work in name themes...daylilies are so common, it's nice to be able to do that ;-)

I've
    got Kissing the Rain, Kissed in the Dark, Alicia Rose Kissed (she was
    sadly the one who took one for the proverbial team when part of a fence
    came down on 8 ft of big clumps in the weather last week...shoot, I forgot to check on her today too), and Kissing
    Bride...

3 is an official collection, right?

Here's Kissed in the
    Dark today...there's something really cool going on in the throat of
    this one, haven't gotten a photo of it yet...it's a charcoal-ish ring
    just before you hit the green...yum.

Cheers!

~Anika

• mantis__oh
    8 years ago

That is a lovely photo of Susan Weber, but she is a wimpy plant. Nice background for Ripple Effect.

Two days ago, I tried to post using "Photo" and had the same experience as did you--couldn't get more than one photo. So then I used Houzz Photo, and I was able to post normally. Earlier, I had the opposite experience--Houzz Photo was the difficult option.,

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Mantis, I totally agree that she's a wimpy plant! That color though.

The only other thing really worth sharing today is this wee seedling of mine...I got it several years ago as a seed on the auctions and it is supposedly out of Shores of Time, which I can believe.

Bloomed every year very consistently since 2013.

I like my daylilies to reek though, just like my roses...and this one has barely a touch.

Cheers!

~Anika