SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danihoney524

Hmmmm So where have I been?

danihoney524
8 years ago

I wish I could remember how long it's been. Probably since I signed up with Face book.

My two little boys have both graduated high school. The youngest this past May. We've had some definite highs and lows over these few years. The biggest was my oldest son's diagnosis of testicular cancer just after graduation. He turned 18 in April, graduated in May, and was diagnosed with cancer in June. He had just moved away for school and was only four days into the summer football program when we had to bring him home for his urology appointment. If it hadn't been for the physical exam for football they wouldn't have cought it. He had the initial surgery to remove the tumor four days after his urology appointment. We took him to UCSanFrancisco to see a urology oncologist. Because of his age and otherwise good health, and our obvious diligence, we all agreed to have him go on active surveillance. Regular blood tests, xrays, and CTs. He took that football season off but went back to school in the fall. He did have a very difficult time emotionally and physically re engaging, but he is 100% back and then some. He just celebrated two years cancer free, and this year he will be the starting quarterback for his team. We realize deep down that he could have a recurrence at any time, but we are staying very positive and we are absolutely not sitting around waiting for bad news.

My youngest? He's staying home and will be attending our local city college. He's in luuuuuuvvvv so basically he's a walking, glassy-eyed blob of jell-o. Fun :/

So, Hi all :)

Comments (10)