SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindacdo

Which Toto White with Aquatic white tub?

8 years ago

I have been obsessing over this for months, need to decide for two bathrooms and place order tomorrow. My first inclination (based on holding Toto color chips up against my other materials) is to go with Toto "Colonial White" because it appears a little softer and warmer than the (more “bluish") Cotton color. But as the deadline approaches I continue to second-guess my (almost final) decision....

Materials and palette for both bathrooms are essentially the same, except small master has a tiled shower and the other hall bath has an Aquatic Dossi white tub. Walls in both will be BM Natural Cream, all trim is BM White Dove. Both have white vinyl windows that are brighter and bluer than the softer white dove trim -- but in our recent kitchen remodel with same windows and trim after a while I didn’t notice the contrast. And - there will be shades covering much of the vinyl most of the time.

Photo of materials shows Colonial White chip, tumbled Calacatta hex tile for master floor and shower floor, matte subway for both bathroom tub and shower walls, and wide limestone hex for floor of the hall bath where the tub is. Vanities will be walnut stain with honed Calacatta Gold tops (not polished as is in photo) and Kohler white Ladena sinks. I know Kohler white is closer to Toto “Cotton” but since the sinks are undermounts and not on the same plane as the toilets and tub, I hope any difference in color won’t be all that apparent.

If anyone has an Aquatic tub and a Toto toilet within view of each other, i’d love to know which white your Toto is and I thank you in advance for sharing this information with me. If not, well, then, I’ll just flip a coin and wing it. It probably isn’t all that big a deal but I know GW is a good place to go for “therapy" as most people on this forum have experienced similar stresses!

Comments (3)