SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Need apartment size appliances worth buying

We are planning an addition of an apartment above a single car garage, so it's small. It's been recommended we use a 24x24 refrigerator, a 24 inch range, and an 18 inch dishwasher. We also need a stacking washer and dryer.

Problem is, I just started looking and not so easy to do. A lot of manufacturers don't make the 24x24 refrigerator. Those that do are an unknown to me and not a lot of info out there about them. And they are at least double or triple the cost of your average 16 cu ft refrigerator. The 24x24 is about a 10cuft refrigerator and that seems too small. But my main concern, is that I don't want to pay double and triple is out of the question. So that leaves very few choices that I've seen so far. And I especially don't want to buy something that is not quality with a good record for dependability.

So, I hope someone here can point me in the right direction for how to approach this problem.

The range - again, same issues. Not finding a lot of mainstream manufacturers making the 24 inch electric range. I'd rather have induction but don't think I can afford it. Summit is a brand offering them but finding bad reviews on them. Amana and Hotpoint I saw somewhere in that size electric. Not sure what their reputation is.

The dishwasher seems to be the easiest to find. Lots of 18 inch dishwashers out there, I'd just like to find out what is the best one that I can afford.

Stacking washer/dryer - I'd like a top loading stackable washer. Are there any good ones? Any that someone could recommend.

Thanks.

Comments (11)