SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phanes_erichthoneus

Cucumbers Are Yellow Even When Very Young

Phanes
8 years ago

You're not going to like this disastrous looking photo, but the problem is that these pickling cucumbers I got from Walmart were slow to start growing, but they were making little cucumbers and more flowers. I gave them a light sprinkling of 13-13-13 and after seeing no change, I gave the area a stronger-than-prescribed dose of Miracle Grow. This has really helped the leaves, but ever since cucumbers started sprouting, they've been yellow, but the photo in the tag had big, beautiful green cucumbers. I did take a yellow cucumber and cut it open. It's nice and juicy on the inside and it tastes fine, but it really bothers me that they're not green. The leaves are big and green however, on most of the vines.

Keep in mind that I REALLY need to weed this flower bed, but I tend to have a hard time squatting and standing a lot without feeling like I'm going to pass out.

I don't know why, but this image has posted upside down. The one on the bottom right is rotting. I'm about to go out and pluck it off the vine. Those other plants are radishes mixed in with the cucumbers. Some dill weed is growing out there, too. I just threw all these dill and radish seeds out to be companions to the cucumbers. Radishes are not developing either. The leaves are, but the radishes themselves are just little skinny red roots with no roundness at all. They do smell like radishes though!

Comments (4)