SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jim_1

I need creative advice.

jim_1 (Zone 5B)
8 years ago

I am the vice-president of our local RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) which is part of Family Service. We encompass a three-county area with a total population of about 250,000. We have been doing what we do for more than 40 years. We have seniors who volunteer with local non-profits by doing things such as delivering Food for Seniors, driving others to medical appointments, helping with bulk mailings for United Way, etc.

I am in charge of our annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon that will be in early October. We will be going with something that I offered last year - a candy buffet with good stuff from the past. Most of our volunteers are in the 60s to 80s, although we have many still in their 50s. We will put out a table with all kinds of retro candy and bags so that attendees can load up. And, while standing there, chat and reminisce with others. Should be fun.

We will have tables of ten and more than 200 will attend, officially from 11:30 - 2:00, although many will arrive at least one hour early. We'll have music from the mid-50s to mid-60s play as they enter.

OK! Got it? I need ideas for centerpieces! We don't have an 'official' theme, so ideas for that would also be welcomed. This all started with the candy buffet. We thought that was great and now we are adding to it.

What say you?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!