Nephew's Wedding

veronicasgrandma

I am not on speaking terms with my sister, her choice not mine. It's been several years since we last spoke. She basically told me off and said she wanted nothing to do with me ever again. Without getting into all the details, her attack on me was unwarranted. She's done this before and even though the ball wasn't in my court I would be the one to reach out, again. Anyway, her son is now getting married and I received an invite. Not sure how to handle this. I was very close to my nephew when he was growing up and have stayed in contact. What would you do? I would like to support my nephew and his bride by attending but I also respect that this is a special day for his mom too.

SaveComment9Like
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
junco East Georgia zone 8a

You should go--it is the bride and groom's choice of who to invite and they invited YOU. You don't have to do more than smile and say hello to your sister.

Save     Thanked by veronicasgrandma
tfitz1006

Your nephew is opening a door. Go for it! Just smile and be nice.

1 Like Save     Thanked by veronicasgrandma
gellchom

I agree. Remember that NOT going sends a message, too. Be a lovely guest and have a nice time.

veronicasgrandma

Went to the wedding, reached out to my sister more than I had to, and we had a great time. My nephew was very appreciate that we were there. Thanks for the advice, it pays to listen.

3 Likes Save    
gellchom

Oh, I'm so glad you went and that it worked out so well! Best wishes to you and your whole family for a happier future.

Suzieque

Fabulous - that's great. Glad you went with your heart.

Save    
Vera Cornwell

That's great!

Save    
Jim Barden

I wouldnt go.

Save    
Suzieque

Hi, Travis, and welcome. You might not've noticed that the last post in this thread was 8 months ago and the OP has already updated this thread with the new that she went.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Houzz Call: What Home Collections Help You Feel Like a Kid Again?
Whether candy dispensers bring back sweet memories or toys take you back to childhood, we'd like to see your youthful collections
Full Story
Organizing Help for Whittling Down the Photo Pile
Consider these 6 points your personal pare-down assistant, making organizing your photo collection easier
Full Story
Holidays 5 Anytime Parties to Rev Up Your House All Year
Run with any of these themes for a fun party night at home, even with no official holidays in sight
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Sequoia Homes may be new to Michigan, but building is not new to us! Offering innovative designs and floor plans,... Read More