SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Great Nephew's Wedding

secsteve
15 years ago

This may be a bit long, but have so much to share.

Finally rested up after a two day trip back to MI. I went back for my second great-nephew's wedding and glad I did. He was so happy that I came all the from DE to be there. He was one of mom's favorite great grandchildren, so there was no doubt in my mind I'd be going.

My niece (grooms mother) was also very happy that I chose to attend. We hadn't seen each other in 4 years (her sister's sisters son wedding, first great nephew) and had a great time playing catch up.

It meant a lot to her, as her father, my brother, was not a good father at all. I really got upset with him when the bride asked me to ask him to stay a bit longer for the family dance. It took them about 5 minutes to gather everyone and he stormed out. What a jacka--.

I had a great time getting to know more about my 4th oldest great nephew as well as getting to know his step mother better. I've always liked his mother and her and new wife get along great. It was especially heartening to know that even though they've been divorced a number of years, they always agreed on things regarding my great nephew.

I finished off the visit by staying with my second oldest brother and his wife who is more like a sister than a sister -in-law. He's had a couple of heart attacks, so I especially wanted to spend time with them.

So glad I went!