SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakeviewgirl

Bad experience with Lowes home delivery

lakeviewgirl
8 years ago

We ordered a fridge from Lowes which was scheduled to be delivered on the same day we were moving into our new house. This was after, one delay caused by Lowes, I did not complain too much, because I thought as long as I have a fridge after I move in, I will be OK. We also scheduled to plumber to stop by to hook up the water line. On the day, of the delivery, I called them twice as it was getting towards the end of the day and still I had no fridge and no call from Lowes. When I called them, they seemed quite clueless, after long wait and one lady tells me that they have no way to communicate with their delivery truck, if it were scheduled to be delivered it will be delivered. Seemed like they are not familiar with the technology called cellphone, nevertheless, I keep waiting, since they said it is on its way. At around 6pm, another person, from their customer service calls to tell me that, they will not be able to deliver the Fridge, they will need to reschedule. The fridge was never loaded in their truck and was definitely not on its way, so what that means, the first person I talked earlier that day, simply lied to me.

It was a Friday, and a very hot summer day. I told them I want it ASAP since we don't have any Fridge in our new house. The earliest they could deliver was next week WEDNESDAY. They simply could not fit me in their schedule for the weekend. Needless to say, I was very upset. The cost of the Fridge was 3k+, and they simple did not care about their service. Since we already had the UHAUL truck, we went to the store and picked it up. Even then, they did not seem apologetic at all, seems like this is a common occurrence.

I learnt my lesson, not buying any other big item from Lowes ever again.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!