SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maucelil

Pro-Style Range Rabbit Hole - Capital Culinarian edition

maucelil
8 years ago

We are doing a kitchen remodel which requires all new appliances. I've found that trying to research appliances on the internet truly is a rabbit hole and can leave you with more questions than answers. I've been particularly interested in the Capital Culinarian 36 inch range but found it very difficult (at least to me) to find information on the differences between self-clean and manual clean models. I've been in contact with Capital and gotten the answers that I will share with Houzz. Hopefully this post is helpful for those that are in the same position as me.

From what I can gather the big differences between the self clean and the manual clean Culinarian (besides the obvious cleaning feature) are as follows:

Rotisserie - The rotisserie feature is only available on the self-clean model.

Oven racks - The flex-roll oven racks are only available with the self-clean model

Broiler - The broiler in glass is only available in the self-clean model

Simmer burner - The manual version comes with a small pan 8000 BTU burner. Unclear if the self clean version comes with this as well.

I really wanted a Culinarian but the self-clean model is a little out of our price range and now the manual clean model seems a little too "bare bones". Also, it is very difficult to actually find a dealer that will has a "live" version so you can actually take it for a test drive. For a big purchase like this, and given the open burner difference, it seems like that should be more readily available. Finally, it appears that many of the dealers in the Bay Area have pulled Capital from their floor due to a distributor, making them more difficult to find. All of these reasons have driven me to focus on other options.

Comments (2)