SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Lates and Greats for Tuesday

shive
8 years ago

Most of my earlies have finished blooming, or are down to only a few buds. The MLs and lates have taken center stage.

Kentucky Lucky, a late, had twins for its ffo today. This is the latest KL has ever started. It usually starts more than a week before Best for Last, but not this year. The scapes are shorter than in past years, and the blooms are right at and above the foliage this time.

Rubies for Congo - I'm not sure what created this background look. There wasn't fog this morning.

Baja California keeps going like an Energizer Bunny.

August Frost - Excuse the mushy. Every year I try to cross late bloomers AF and Last Snowflake but lose the pods to the heat. Maybe the cross will take this year, since AF is in so much more shade than past years.

Willow Dean Smith was looking lovely, although more lavender than pink in the early morning light.

Pirahna Attack - The teeth are actually gold instead of white. I like the look of this Sadler intro. I'm crossing it twith The Thing That Ate the Seedling Bed.

"Valentine Sweetheart" continues to have good openings every day. In this photo you can see some of the branching and bud placement.

Here's another bloom on the clump.

Tiffany Shade, a Hanson late, always has scapes 2-3 inches shorter than the registration.

Victorian Lace

Debra

Comments (15)