SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Outdoor furniture, budget, etc

We are mid remodel for the kitchen and hall bathroom. Our next project is going to be the yard--back and front. Thanks to some great responses on the conversations side when I asked about favorite things about people's yards, I have some ideas of what I'd like to do.

So now I'm working on budget for the project. One thing that I know we want is comfortable, durable furniture. We are in the San Francisco Bay Area so we can use our outdoor space for much of the year. Right now I am considering two seating areas in our backyard. One would be a dining area under a pergola. The other would be a sectional sofa area, possibly with a firepit. We are thinking we will set the area up to do outdoor movies as well. So I would like for the dining chairs to be light enough to move and comfortable enough to sit in for a movie.

I found these teak reclining dining chairs with sling seats. This seems ideal for comfort and I wouldn't have to store cushions for those in the rainy season (fingers crossed this drought ends and we actually start having rainy winters again).

These are from Royal Teak and sold online various places. The sling fabric comes in different colors. They run around $350 per chair, iirc.

Any thoughts on whether these are good quality? They say they are from plantation grown, kiln dried teak and use stainless steel hardware. They do not say they are A quality teak--though the maker's website talks about A quality teak. I'm not sure if that's just marketing or if there really is a teak grading system?

Other suggestions for dining chairs?

If I bought those chairs, I could buy the matching table or buy a different table. Would teak from a different manufacturer match?

Then I thought I would look for a resin wicker sectional with cushions? Again I'd like some thing fairly durable. We don't want to have to buy new outdoor furniture every couple of years and I expect this stuff will get a fair bit of use.

Does $6000 total sound like about the right budget for these purchases?

Thank you for any suggestions or thoughts!

Comments (12)