SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sonny_gast

**Mealy bugs?** + **Plant ID help, please!** [5 pics]

Hi there, I have a few questions.

Here is my newish succulent ^^^ (brought it home a few weeks ago). Can you kindly help with ID -- is it a pachyphytum? Please excuse the leaf cuttings in the bottom of the pot - hoping to propagate them soon. :)

On to my next, very concerning question...Do I have a mealybug infestation upon me? I ask because I found this white fluff on some of my leaves/root stalks...

You can see location here ^^^. I am so worried! In fact, as I type this, I'm counting down the hours until I can go home and quarantine this guy. I thoroughly inspected it but found nothing other than the wispy white cottonwood-like threads. No mealybugs or honeydew. I wonder because I have an IKEA sheep rug in my room but the "threads" seem different.

The only other problem it's been having is that several leaves shriveled up at the node - I suspected it was due to me having the AC on blast for a few days. Now, if I put the AC on at night, I bring my plants into the kitchen - far away from the cool AC. Is it the AC or indicative of mealy bugs or some other problem? Thanks for sharing your helpful wisdom in advance!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living