SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Help, trying to understand my 23andme tests results.

caflowerluver
8 years ago

Maternal line is T2B2. I will have to read up more on that. I haven't even looked at the health side of the DNA test yet. I will have to have that translated.

What has me puzzled is that is says I am only 8.6 % French. I have traced my father's line from Quebec 1912 to France 1604. My father's parents came to US a few years before he was born, 1915, and both were French. As far back as I have gone, they all had French names.

But it says I am mainly British and Irish (64%) which makes some sense since my mother's side is Irish from Prince Edwards Island one generation ago and from Ireland the generation before. Also it says I have a smattering Scandinavian, Iberian, and Italian. All 3 of which I knew nothing about. What does "Broadly Northern European" (19%) mean? And "Broadly Southern European" (2.7%)?

And I was always told that there was some Native American on my mother's side from the Mikmaq tribe on Prince Edwards Island. Every one believed it after seeing a picture of my maternal grandmother's brother. But nothing showed up on the DNA test.

Oh, and I am 2.8% Neanderthal.

Comments (40)