SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colton_weingarden

Rose Growing in Plastic Tubs

So i have a ton of variety of roses. Some I have had to go to quite a bit of trouble to get. I want to try and plant a few back ups of my favorites so I can fill some other spaces.

So I have combed over tons of forums and videos and I still haven't had any success after trying 3-4 times now.

I have a sterilite container that i have filled with clear solo cups with holes in the bottom. I prep the cuttings, 4-6 inches 3 sets of leaves with at least one bearing a 5 leaf cutting. I score it and make sure to get any below ground eyes and dip it in a rooting hormone powder. I make sure the soil is moist but not wet. I use miracle potting soil - always fresh each round.

I want to do this indoors because outdoors it gets very hard and SUPER dry here in Utah.

So moving forward - I open the container every day or two and mist in there to keep the humidity up inside the container and I place a camera fcl bulb over the top - like a 120w+ replacement kind (23w actual) over the top. Mostly I am good at growing mold. I mean I am a mold master. Maybe, I need to leave a crack in it? However, I don't want to dry them out. What else should I do - my house generally stays around 76-78 degrees during the day (summer time) and 72 at night.

Any ideas or suggestions - ?

Comments (9)