SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
connell1977

Advice Requested for House Plans

connell1977
8 years ago

I have just spent over an hour reading posts on this site. I have taken away some really good tips! We are hopefully going to break ground on our house soon. We signed the contract with our builders and are currently waiting (since April) for our slow as molasses lender to finish up our construction loan. I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone had any last minute advice for our plans. (Might be wishful thinking to say last minute!) There are a couple changes that aren't reflected on these plans. There is a gable in the front over the front door that isn't pictured. The whole back deck area is screened. We are building next to horse farm and it is scenic- but there are a ton of mosquitos and horse flies. That means we won't have a space for a grill until we get around to putting in a patio. In the kitchen there will be a prep sink somewhere on the island. The "laundry room" downstairs will really be a mud room now- but have hook ups for laundry in case we need to use it in the future. I want to put lockers in there- but we haven't worked out the logistics of that. If anyone sees any issues or have any suggestions it would be much appreciated!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and hope today is a non-rainy, construction busy day!

Comments (17)