SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tabbaldwin

screw head "height" help

8 years ago

I couldn't figure out where to post this question, so I just picked you guys.

I ordered wood blinds for my home. I ordered as "outside mount" so I could control the dimensions (yep, that's my mistake!) and get the valance with returns on the side, but I'm actually mounting inside with it protruding out (several houses in my neighborhood have it that way so as to not hide the trim work). It works in theory--I have the blinds and placed the brackets on either end and made sure they fit the window opening--just perfect with about ⅛ or less to spare. Except when we installed the brackets and the danged screw heads stuck out so much that now my perfectly measured blinds won't slide into the brackets! We tried 2 different screws that we had, and neither would sit flush enough against the bracket.

So..... question is, are there screws out there that have a flatter, low-profile head than "common" screws? The lowest one we tried had a sloped neck that kept it from going in as far as we needed. I didn't realize there were so many types of screws! All I know is the screws that came with it are 1.5" long.

Any suggestions for me to try? I'd sure appreciate it!

Thanks,

T

Comments (11)