SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ack150

Can this be done? (kohler receptor, shower bench, half wall)

Anne CK
8 years ago

First, thanks to everyone here, I have gotten so many great ideas for my remodel.

But, before I talk to my gc, I wanted to know if this configuration was even possible. I am replacing existing tub and enclosure with a shower. I would like to use a kohler receptor, cast iron, that is short of the full length of the tub, and put a (tiled?) bench in the remaining space (because of the rest of the bathroom layout, the bench would be under the showerhead rather than on opposite side. I will be getting handheld as well because of this. ) I might also be putting a half wall up opposite the shower head, with half glass wall on top, and am considering a half wall on the long side, except for the glass door.

Is all of this (bench, wall) abutting the shower pan possible? I'm paranoid about leaks (who Isn't), so what should I specify he use (from my reading here the kerdi/schluter membrane/system seems to be recommended (I apologize if I am remembering the names, I only can look at this browser window, but I have a bunch of stuff bookmarked for reference)).

Thanks for any direction you can provide, I want to go into this conversation informed.

Anne

Comments (13)