SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deegw

Has anyone seen posts by LynninNewMexico?

deegw
8 years ago

I feel like she hasn't posted for a while. I know she changed her screen name when we made the Houzz transition but I thought her new same was similar.

Comments (34)

• User
    8 years ago

She goes by Lynn now. Looks like May 21 was her latest post.

• LynnNM
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Awww, it's nice to be remembered. Thank you. I've been dropping by here intermittently to try and keep up on things, but haven't felt much like posting. It's been a tough couple of months for me. First losing Chloe, our Tibetan Spaniel so unexpectedly. And then, less than a month later, on Mother's Day morning, we woke to find that our sweet Doberman, Ronin, had died during the night. In late-May DH, DD and I flew home to Michigan to visit my (very large) family. It was a wonderful time, but both my parents are doing very poorly and I am trying to work my way through the knowledge that I may never see either one of them again in this life. Dad is 87 and has a very bad heart. Mom is 85 and has a horrible, debilitating disease called Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. But, I am working though it all. We are starting to look for another furkid from our local animal rescue groups to keep Sasha (and us) company. DD is home from college for the Summer and so we are all getting by together.

Again, thank you for thinking of me. It means a lot.

Lynn

• Related Discussions

Has anyone seen Four Seasonal Garden Flags sold by Smith & Hawken

Q

Comments (5)
    Thanks to both of you, I have been checking ebay for the past month, hoping something was there. My thought in posting here was...that someone who remembers seeing them might be able to describe them better than I can. If I knew what the images or design was, this could help me locate them better. Hopefully, I can get a picture of them at some point. The one I seem to remember is Winter. It did not have the typical snowman or christmas tree motif that most seasonal flags have. I think the colors were white, light purple and maybe a sage green. Not the usual winter flag colors, but very cool in tone and feeling. I think it had a rectangular field of harlequin pattern and some item in the middle like a family crest or something similarly shaped. Could anyone elaborate on one or all of the flags design if you have seen or remember them? I know it was a while ago...but we would love to find a set, new or used! (Correction to first post): Smith & Hawken was the seller as the subject line says. I have just ordered some shades from Smith & Noble...which explains the slip-up in my post.
    ...See More

has anyone seen these or anything like them? (x-posted)

Q

Comments (11)
    i looked at the ballard site and the redon 3-light and i'm wondering if it would be possible to alter these to a simpler form and add the seeded glass? i think i could probably find someone to fit the glass and dh could probably do a welding job ...unless there's something i don't know lighting construction (which would be everything). i'm still looking but what do we think of this idea? ballard designs redon 3-light pendant in original form: and kate's redone 3-light pendant, plus add seeded glass:
    ...See More

Has anyone ever seen a variegated Partridgeberry?

Q

Comments (1)
    I have never seen this before. Are these wild partridge berries or store bought? I hope to see the photos soon? Where are you approximately.
    ...See More

Has anyone seen Marilyn Sue?

Q

Comments (6)
    Her husband has been ill. Here's a link from a week or so ago. https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5329034/anybody-know#n=19
    ...See More
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    8 years ago

Wow, my mother died from supranuclear palsy. She was 65. I am so sorry for your mom, it's awful.

• jlc712
    8 years ago

Oh, Lynn, I am so sorry. Big hugs to you, hope you can find peace with these very difficult life events. I'll be thinking of you.

• blfenton
    8 years ago

I'm thinking of you. It's tough dealing with aging an aging parent and all that goes with that situation - the love and the worry. Good luck with finding a great furkid - maybe post a pic if you have the time of the lucky one.

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

Wow, Lynn, that is a lot to deal with. And yes, you have been missed. Another here who has had a dear friend pass away recently from the same disease (progressive supra nuclear palsy) at age 79. I was told it is a super aggressive form of Parkinson's, but never confirmed that. His wife has had it rough the past year. And your second dear fur baby! Glad your DD is home to be with you during this stressful time.

• DLM2000-GW
    8 years ago

Oh, Lynn I am so sorry for all that you're dealing with. That's a lot of change and eye opening realization to confront all at one time. Wishing you strength (and a new furbaby) to help you navigate the troubled waters. There's a GI thread on facebook right now about how long we've all 'known' each other and all the changes we've been through in our lives with kids being born, growing up, going away, moves, new houses, new husbands, health issues, deaths and on and on. Fifteen + years of life since the BHG board days.

This seems unusual to me - my sister-in-law also died from PSP. It's not a disease that gets a lot of notice, unfortunately. My DH and I silk screened t-shirts for family and friends when we did a fundraiser.

• justgotabme
    8 years ago

Lynn, I'm so sorry you are going through so much all at once. Praying for you and your family.

• gsciencechick
    8 years ago

Lynn, I am sorry to hear so much is going on at one time, but good to hear from you. Hope you can get a new furbaby soon.

• blfenton
    8 years ago

Just remember, we're here if you need to talk it out. I'm going through some stuff with my 86 year old mom (early stages of dementia) and the personality changes that it brings to her and I've discovered that it's important to talk it out with someone. It's nice to have siblings and friends to talk with about these changes. And aging myself..... that's a topic that requires wine and chocolate and laughing with friends.

• eld6161
    8 years ago

(((((Hugs all around)))))

• riosamba
    8 years ago

Lynn, I'm so sorry. What a difficult time!

• joaniepoanie
    8 years ago

Lynn.......Our thoughts are with you. I hope you find the perfect pup.

• mitchdesj
    8 years ago

Good luck Lynn, you have to deal with so much.

• texanjana
    8 years ago

Hugs and prayers for you and your family. I never realized until recently the grief that accompanies watching a parent's decline and loss of physical and mental capabilities. It is truly heartbreaking, and to lose two cherished furbabies on top of it is too much. Glad you have your daughter home for the summer.

• deegw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Oh Lynn, you sure are having a rough time. I am so sorry to hear about your worries. I hope our cyber support can be of some comfort.

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

Waves to Linen. Truly sorry you're in a black-cloud stretch. Sincerely hope it breaks soon.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    8 years ago

Lynn, I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I lost my wonderful Mum last July, and my almost 15 year old dog Sam this past February. Nothing can ever replace them in my heart and memory, but little Ginger, who was supposed to be my first time assisting in a rescue dog transport, ended up having to stay at my house for a few days. Needless to say, when the driver for the previous leg of the transport from KY to ME handed her to me and I got a face full of kisses, and then brought her home, I knew already that I'd do all I could to adopt her.

Chloe and Ronin went far too early, but they are honored knowing that you are are searching for another dog who will love your family loving them. Best of luck to you in your search. We'll be eager to see the lucky dog.

My eyes still fill with tears at the loss of Mum, and my Dad 7 years earlier, but for the most part, I smile now when I think of them and the wonderful memories I have. It's obvious that you treasure yours, and they know that, and always will.

Rooney, my rescue adopted 7/26/14 with little sister Ginger, adopted 5/19/15.
    Ginger is also loved by big brother Riley and sister Jenny. There's a brother or sister out there for Sasha to love, too!

• IdaClaire
    8 years ago

Lynn, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. (((((Hugs)))))

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

Lynn, Sorry to hear about this spate of sad news.

• LynnNM
    8 years ago

Thank you all so much. Reading through all of your posts (again and again) is like a warm hug from friends. It helps more than you can imagine.

As far a my parents illnesses are concerned, it just flat-out hurts. But, I keep telling myself that I have been so blessed to have had them for all these many years. And such wonderful, loving, nurturing parents they've always been. I am by nature a very positive, happy person. But, right now, it just feels like I'm waiting for the quickly approaching inevitable to happen with them both. That's sad, especially since I live so far away. But, my brothers and sisters and I are very close and are holding each other up. So is my DH, son and daughter.

And regarding a new brother or sister for Sasha, Emily and I may be meeting a prospective new furkid this afternoon at a local rescue shelter. I first have to call them when they open at 10AM to see if he's still available. I will keep you posted on that.

My3dogs: thank you so much for that. For taking the time and for that darling photo. You've put a big smile on my face and I'm looking forward to loving a new furkid very soon. I have so much to give them.

Lynn

• blfenton
    8 years ago

Soooo, Lynn, is your new furkid going to match your area rug as My3dogs puppies match her rug? Inquiring mind wants to know. :) It's so hard to lose pets and yet they become such a part of our lives that we can't imagine not having one (or more) around. Have fun finding a new family member.

• LynnNM
    8 years ago

LOL, Blfenton! We have brick floors throughout the entire house and Oriental area rugs on them. Sasha is white and, let me tell you, her fur shows up everywhere! The pooch we looked at yesterday was a sweet boy but was much more interested in relieving himself on every bush and plant and fence post in the big animal play yard than socializing with us. We'll be meeting a rescue red Dobie next. And, he would actually blend into our brick floors pretty darn well.

• User
    8 years ago

It's really difficult to be far away from your family as parents age. Not just logistically, but emotionally. My heartfelt sympathies <3

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

So glad your daughter is home with you this summer-- and that you had a nice long visit with your family and parents. I too am at an age where I am watching my parents decline. It creates an ache that just cannot be soothed. You have a great spirit and outlook on life.. and such a strong and loving family-- these are your blessings and the most beautiful legacy from your parents. They will always be with you and your family.

And how lucky and loved your next rescue will be! I look forward to hearing that you have found your new furry family member!

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

I get a knot in my stomach every time the phone rings at an odd hour or the caller ID is my sister.

• MagdalenaLee
    8 years ago

My sympathies as well Lynn. So glad you have your daughter at home for a few months.

• tinam61
    8 years ago

I'm very sorry for all you are going through. Perhaps it would be possible for you to make a trip to spend some time with your parents, just you. It might also help you to have some time with your siblings and work through your feelings. Regardless, it is never easy to lose a loved one. When I lost my mother, I was thankful for her release from the disease, etc. but still so devastated at having lost my mother. My prayers are with you.

• Holly- Kay
    8 years ago

Lynn, I'm so sorry for your loss of Ronin and your parent's aging issues. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family. (((Hugs)))).

• LynnNM
    8 years ago

Thank you for you wonderfully kind thoughts. Good idea, Tina, to try and get back once more and by myself. I'll definitely think seriously about that. Although we had a wonderful 10 day visit with my parents and family, both the flights there and back were absolute nightmares. Outbound, baggage was so unusually incredibly slow that, despite getting there at the recommended time, we missed our flight. So instead of departing at 6:30AM and arriving in Detroit at (approx.) 3:20PM with a stopover in Denver, we had a 3 hour delay in Albuquerque, then a flight to Las Vegas. A 4-hour wait there before a flight to Atlanta. Another wait there and then a flight to Detroit. We arrived around 12:30AM and after picking up our rental car and baggage, arrived at my sister's home at 2:20AM. Ugh!!! On the flight back, we were so paranoid about baggage check-in, we arrived 3 hours early . . . only to be told that our flight had just been cancelled! DH had a full schedule of patients booked the next day and was able to get the last seat on a flight that got him home here around 12:30AM the next day. The airlines sent DD & I to a hotel for the night and we were booked on the 6:35AM flight out that next morning. The hotel shuttle picked us up and delivered us to the worst hotel I've ever been in in my entire life. It looked perfectly fine from the outside, although more like a souped up motel with a big, new entrance.Three guys lounging in the lobby looked like pimps. They were obviously not guests. The room was dark, dirty and dank. My daughter's bed looked like it had a large area of dried urine on the top sheet. The table and nightstands were greasy. And one entire wall of the room was a plate glass window that looked out onto the deserted hallway. There was a heavy, dark, dusty, rubber-backed curtain across the wall, but would not close all the way. That was the only window in the room. The door locks did not work properly and we could easily hear the tv in the next room. We were out of there quickly, with me in tears by then, calling a nearby hotel and begging them to come and rescue us. They did and had their shuttle there within 5 minutes (bless them!). As our new shuttle driver was loading up our baggage, 3 very emaciated, disheveled young persons (early twenties), 2 of which had the black front teeth of major drug users and were obviously on some kind of drugs then, were holding on to each other , weaving into the hotel as we sat in the van watching them! Our driver just shook his head and said that "they should shut this place down"! I am not going to mention the airlines or the "hotel", as I'm already in discussions with the airlines CEO about it. As for the "hotel", his people are looking into that as well. I had nightmares for 5 days straight about that place! Soooo, that's my long, and hopefully somewhat entertaining saga about our trip last month. I'm still thinking about flying back again later this Summer . . . but probably on tranquilizers!

(Edited for typos and to add:) And when we finally arrived back home here, I found a couple live bedbugs in the outside pocket of my suitcase! That was an additional nightmare I had to deal with for days after.

• Yayagal
    8 years ago

Oh dear God, Lynn, no wonder you feel shattered. Of course your parents are on your mind day and night and adjusting to the loss of your pet is right up there with a feeling of loss and despair. Give yourself sometime to relax and send a note every other day to your Mom. Even a funny card will do. It's a little thing but she will love it. We've done that for relatives and they look forward to them. I used to cut out cartoons from the New Yorker and send them. Dad got a chuckle every other day. Know that you've been a wonderful kind daughter and your parents know that at all times. Settle down the guilt, no need for it. I'll be praying for your parents and you.

• LynnNM
    8 years ago

Thanks Yayagal, sending my parents funny cards and cartoons every few days is a great idea that I know they will enjoy. I hadn't thought of that, but I love it!

• Yayagal
    8 years ago

You're welcome