SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debaus07

Can a bird move a nest with babies in it?

debaus07
8 years ago

Yesterday I noticed a bird on my porch that I have noticed several times in the last few weeks. I briefly looked for a nest a couple of times before and found nothing. But this time I decided to move things. We have had a pot with a dead pepper plant sitting on a rocking chair with a small old rug carelessly thrown over it for months. When I decided to move things I truly did not expect to find anything as this area is where my 4 young children play every day. So I grabbed ahold of the rug and another item sitting next to the pot and yanked them up exposing a nest with 5 tiny feathered babies inside. I just stood frozen not know what I should do next. I set the other item back where it was as it was keeping the pot steady but the rug was actually somewhat a part of the nest. I carefully tried to drape it just right back into the formation it was in. But I know it's not as it was. The mother has returned and is feeding them but each time she returns she gives them food and grabs a piece of the nest and takes it with her. Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions