SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdm_prpl

Faucaria tigrina (Tiger's Jaw) turning to much overnight?

Sierra
8 years ago

I have several tiger's jaw plants. Most of them are thriving, as are the rest of my succulents. I have them in a well draining mix (I couldn't tell you the exact measurements, but there's a healthy amount of perlite, aquarium gravel, and chicken grit mixed in to the soil. It's definitely well draining.) They are planted in size appropriate clay pots with drainage holes.

My issue is, I have had two seperate plants turn to mush overnight. One was a few months ago. It had flowered while in the store, and seemed perfectly fine in the three or so months I had it. Then one morning I went to check on my plants and it had completely wilted. I assumed it may have been previously stressed in the store, or maybe had gotten to cold in the window (this was over the winter and I am in zone 6a).

However, it is June and it's happened again. I watered my succulents four days ago and the rest are fine. I unpotted the plant and checked the roots which were deep in the soil and showed no signs of rot. However, the plant fell apart as I tried to check it over for signs of what may have happened.

I don't have pictures, but I only water my succulents once a week, at most. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening?

Comments (19)