SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lillivewire87

How does your garden grow?

lillivewire87
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Here is my baby container garden :) It's not perfect, but it makes me happy to be able to have room to grow things again. I have some leaf curl on most of these guys due to having it rain for 3 days straight the first week I had these in the containers. I recently side dressed with some organic mix from our nursery and gave them a foliar spritz of liquid kelp and calcium tabs. The leaves are still a little curly, but they have definitely perked up.

My father made me this planter about 5 years ago, and I get to bring it back out of storage! It is lined with landscaping paper and I have a nice organic mix from my local nursery inside. I am planning to mulch a little with some grass clippings soon. I had used some coffee grounds, but those got mixed into the soil the last time I side dressed. I just pruned all my leaves below the first blossom set on most of my shoots to make sure I had good air circulation and room to add my mulch.

This guy has a Sweet Million (left), Sun Gold (right), basil, and some nasturtiums....pretty sure I have some slugs/snails after my basil, so I need to copper tape the outside of this soon. Slimy little buggers.

All my other tomato pots are 16"...about 10 gallons...pretty sure this guy is going to outgrow it, but oh well. He suffered the worst from the rain stress, but is growing like a weed. Grafted Hawaiian Pineapple, basil, and on the ground next door is some Chocolate Mint and a volunteer lily.

Cherokee purple. I got this guy as a little baby start from the Farmer's Market. He has his first little fruit coming on. Super excited to try this one.

Newest addition is a Green Zebra I picked up from the Nursery when I figured out I had another spot that got enough sun. (Sun Calc is a necessary accessory IMO)

Share yours!

Comments (3)