SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slk7e7

Is under-cabinet molding a standard thing?

slk7e7
8 years ago

Our Shiloh cabinets are being installed right now and there are a couple of pretty significant scratches on the bottom of a couple of the upper cabinets. My KD was just here and mentioned that the under-cabinet molding would cover those scratches. This got me thinking, though, that I don't remember ever discussing adding this molding. My style is very simple and I don't like fussy details. I do like classic design (I realize that may mean different things to different people). I think the cabinets look fine without any extra molding on the bottom. Do most of you have this? Is it a standard thing that most kitchens have? Will it look unfinished without it? I'm ok with extra details if they make the kitchen look more finished, and aren't just fussy details (if that makes any sense at all?). We are doing a simple shaker molding on the top of the cabinets so I'm assuming there's something that will be very similar for the bottom. My KD will include it at no extra cost or he will replace the dinged cabinets, so they are both cost-neutral fixes. I appreciate any feedback!

Comments (10)