SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redtartan

What to put in glass front stove cabinet

redtartan
8 years ago

The cabinet above our stove has glass fronts. I'm having a very hard time figuring out what to put in them. The majority of our cooking ware isn't all that nice. I thought about some of the nicer cookbooks but it looks awkward. We also have a long corner upper with glass and one above the fridge yet to be made. So things like glassware will likely be stored in there. I do have some nice vintage ware, but nothing that is a collection to fill the space. I have a Royal Albert Val D'or tea set, but it just seems too fancy to display.

There is one shelf that is right in the middle of the cabinet. The bottom is a little awkward because the glass starts up quite height on most things you'd put in there. I'm including some pictures and would love ideas. Please ignore the fact that it doesn't have it's hood vent or handles and we have yet to do any crown or valance work. The crown will go up right to the ceiling. Pic 1 of it empty. Pic 2 is just showing how awkward things on the bottom sit, it's not decorated like that, I just threw in a few items to give perspective. I thought of maybe putting something under an item to raise it up. Pic 3 is with some dried goods. Too messy looking? I like them when they are on my open bookshelf, but think it might be a little much above the stove. Probably is if I am thinking it is. LOL

Sorry in advance about the glare, it's just the time of day.

Comments (44)