SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_jenkins40

Sudden change in spider plants

Paul Jenkins
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have 11 spider plants, because my first spider plant puts out a lot of babies, and once those babies grew they put out a tonne of them, so many that there is no room for them so I end up leaving them on the plant.

I have had them for years, and in that time only one of my spider plants has ever died, but all of a sudden ALL of my spider plants are developing brown leaves, and losing the pigmentation in the leaves. Some are also drooping, although I have not done anything different to what I normally do, and the environment has not changed (as far as I know). I mean, it might be a little less humid in my bedroom, but about about 3% lower, hardly anything, so that shouldn't make much difference.

They were growing really well, that was up until a few weeks ago. What could be wrong with them?

One thing I feel I should mention: I have, this year, began to fertilise them, even the young, newly transplanted, ones. The reason why I don't think it could be root burn or anything is because I tried not to give them too much, not as much as my other plants, but is it possible it could be the fertiliser?

Thanks!

Comments (4)