SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squatchwatch

Help uneven property line new fence

squatchwatch
8 years ago

I recently purchased a house. The old cedar fence along the property line was falling over. The neighbor said it was mine, so I tore it down, with intentions to replace it. The fence was up against a 8-10 inch drop (partly why is was rotting.)

I recently found the property line and it is about 1 foot towards my house. So the fence was probably his (I don't care--he might not have known either, not my question.) But, I want to put in a new vinyl fence and to ensure it is on my property, it will be a foot off this ledge (see flags in pic below.) I don't think he's thrilled, but he said we could work something out for some sort of retaining wall. He was just going to use those paver type pieces (see pic.) This area isn't really seen or used on his side, so he doesn't want to invest a lot. I won't really see it with new fence, so I don't care much. There is water that runs here in heavy rain, so further erosion is likely.

I'm likely going to rock along the fence and have a rainwater garden where the water runs (where I'm standing for the pic). I don't really want to just put up my fence and do nothing. Any suggestions?

Comments (2)