SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontheteam

Great Swap today in Walpole.Got garlic now what?

ontheteam
8 years ago

I went to the NE swap at Adams farm for the 1st time. It's like the iron chef of swapping.
If you have never been you should go next year,but go early. And bring help. We got there at 8:50 am and were scrambling to get set up before the 9 am start time. It was like 200 people. You get "tickets" based on how many plants you bring..up to 3 of them and at 9:00 you get to tag but not take your priority plants. At 9:15 you take the priority plants and put them in the designated safe zone. At 9:30 is round 2 and you can take half the value of what you brought to swap,and round 3 is the free for all..not too many plants make it this far. It was fun but frenetic .

I got Hardneck garlic. I do not know from googling it if I can plant it now? It talks about spring and fall and how many leaves..but I am still unclear if I should just try and leave it in the pot it is in or plant in in a bed.?

For the curious I also got: Lady's Mantle,wild ginger,Painted daisys,white hydrangea,a PG hydrangea,oregano,Mayapple, And got to hang out with Zahzeen.( Marlene) Who is having trouble navigating the new format... And I am proud I brought 2 large bread trays o perennial plants and a large black bulb crate of greenhouse plants.I only came home with the bulb crate full.

Comments (7)