SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9268002

Photos of one's self (care to advise? please?)

User
8 years ago

I have to preface this by saying I know this is highly vain and superficial but I figure this is probably a pretty good place to address this. And it is something that has been bothering me a lot lately.

I have of late, REALLY been disliking photos of myself. Not every, but probably about 90% worth give or take.

I know we all age, and so on and so forth. That's a given. I noticed even over the years that photos of me where I am sporting sunglasses are so much more flattering than my face is.

So, my question is this- are there any bits of wisdom that everyone else seems to know or understand that somehow has escaped me? In all seriousness and honesty, I am generally considered to be fairly attractive (and if I must say so myself, in my younger days, quite so). I don't think I am aging any worse than anyone else my age (soon to be 62)so I do wonder if there is something I should know about taking photos. I have tried a little bit to play around with selfies and those are truly horrific. I feel like I look like doorknob distorted photo.

Clearly everyone else got the memo.

Please share you wisdom/tips.

Comments (26)