SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malna_gw

Anyone have experience writing/publishing a book for sale?

malna
8 years ago

I have an opportunity to write a fact-based book based on my 20 years of experience being a consultant in a science-oriented field.

I'm not quitting my day job quite yet (LOL) but I really do miss the creative "juice" I used to get when I came up with a concept, wrote and re-wrote copy, took photographs, created illustrations and did page layouts for marketing brochures, trade show banners and handouts, catalogs and websites.

I've gone through the entire process of having items printed (such as a full-color 64 page catalog for a manufacturer) but I've never delved into the world of book publishing. Now there are so many options - finding a publisher, self-publishing, e-books in a PDF format for download, Kindle versions, amazon's "Look Inside" feature, etc. There will be lots of illustrations, so I'm anticipating starting off with a print version where I can control how it looks (I'm a bit picky that way).

Anyone have any advice or "don't fall into this trap" anecdotes? I appreciate any and all comments!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions