SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misstko2015

Solar Shades - openness and wide width?

Miss TKO 2015
8 years ago

Anyone have 10% openness factor in a dark, like charcoal/black, color? (pps7 if you are reading, i saw in a previous post that you were choosing those!) Do you feel the 10% blocks enough of the sun? I have two problem windows... one is 98" wide and right next to main breakfast/dinner table, it is blinding to sit there at dinner, the other is 115" and on same wall as tv so light isn't on the tv, just in your eyes watching tv. So I want to shade/reduce the sun, but there is a pool view and I want to fairly clearly see the pool. So would like advice on possibly brand and viewability/clarity and the level of openness.

Also, I am finding it very difficult to get solar shades in wide widths that are "cordless lift" which seem much quicker and easier to operate. The 115 window I could split up into two shades because it is a grouping of 4 windows - not that I really want to for aesthetic reasons, but the 98 wide is three windows so really cant split. Am I missing a brand that has wide widths in cordless lifts? Blinds.com/Bali is roughly $270 for loop chain in 115" and I'm ok with that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (2)