SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greglong5309

Can someone please help me w/ fertilizer?

greglong5309
8 years ago

In my first garden, I used a mixture of compost, peat, sand and top soil. I was informed (here on this great forum) that I need to offer nutrients to the plants as well. I have done some reading about fertilizers and read 10-10-10 is a good general one, but I was wondering if maybe I could buy two or three that could offer me what I need for the small garden I started this year.
I am growing (zone 6): Tomatoes, Green (to red) Peppers, Beans, Peas, Basil, Zucchini, Leaf Lettuce and Cucumbers.

It is my understanding that Tomatoes (maybe Peppers) would be best served if there was a higher percentage of Phosphorus and Potassium since the plant is growing and starting to flower (tomatoes, not yet peppers). Is that correct? I think I also read that peas are best served with Nitrogen, even as they continue to grow. Do I have this right? What about the other vegetables listed above? Can I buy one to three fertilizers for all these plants, or do I need a general fertilizer if I won't be individually fertilizing each plant? Thank you to anyone who can help.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting