SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie_hankerson

New and trying to figure things out... interested in Irises and other

Julie Hankerson
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I bought my house a few years ago, and the woman that lived here planted iris bulbs everywhere. They have gone a bit "wild" and I am not sure if I have even seen all the kinds here as alot of them come up but don't bloom. I do know for sure I have some that are dark purple at bottom and lavendar on top with bright yellow centers that come down the dark purple lower petals. I also have some that look white from a distance, but are really a very, very pale lavender. Tulips and daffodils, as well as red and pink poppies come up all over too. The poppies are the really frilly, fuzzy greenery type, not california poppies. I have been told by a neighbor that she believes that the irises have probably been here for at least 40 years.

I have a neighbor down the hill from me that has the same thing going on and I recently acquired 4 more types of irises from her... and am allowed to get as many as I want. They are growing wild on a hill they never access. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what I have lol. Thanks. Pics to follow :)

Comments (11)

Sponsored