SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxyplux

W7 SFC /Scannow Can't Fixit

mxyplux
8 years ago

Windows 7 Home Premium

Well I tried a Restore which didn't work due to corrupt files (it said) so I ran scf and it found corrupt files it couldn't fix. So I ran it with antivirus and firewall disabled. Nope. Then tried it in safemode. Nope. So I consulted your friend and mine: Mr. Google. Long story short I determined that Windows 8 has an online Restorehealth function but it's not for Win 7 or Vista either as it turns out.

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix em"

Also it told me that all the bloody details were in a CBS.LOG (what ever that is) file for my convenience to observe the bad files. Don't know what I'd do with them - just rare back and say, "Ahah! ?

Anyway I have determined the only way left to repair the corrupt files is to run my W7 installation disk and choose the repair function. Would you agree?

============

Subsequently I have come to believe (but am not dead certain) the Restore failed because the backup function was not recognizing my WD EHD (after several months). I discovered that later when attempting my weekly backup. After fixing that horrendous problem another attempted restore did function properly. The 2 attempted restores, 1 failed 1 successful, were to 2 different points, hence my uncertainty.

Comments (10)