SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryanblair35

European style home construction in USA?

Honza
8 years ago

Hi,

I recently moved to the USA from Europe. I am actually an American, but I have been in Europe for the last decade. Anyhow, I am now currently in the Pacific NW region of the USA.

I am seriously interested in constructing a home similar to the homes one may find in Germany I am not a big fan of the wood houses which consume the landscape here in Washington (state).

I tried to explain the construction of the houses in Germany and my colleague quickly said, "oh you mean stucco." In my opinion, the homes in Germany are not stucco, not even close. I know the German word, but this doesn't really help when trying to speak to a homebuilder in the US.

So, basically if there is anybody out there who has been to Europe and knows exactly what I am talking about, can you possibly steer me in the right direction or provide ideas for resources which can help me construct an energy efficient European (solid) home.

I don't need the steel window shades built into the window frames, but I want the home to look modern and be energy efficient....something that is currently lacking here.

Thanks!!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!